Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Long and the Short of It


 Yes? Amen? I hear ya?! (I know this isn't probably the first time you've seen this little Bit O' Funny, but it doesn't make it any less true ;) Annnnnd such has been my week. I've got family coming in...ummm...tomorrow (YAY!) and my house still looks like...well we need not go into details. But it ain't pretty!

So, should I be trying to remedy that problem..maybe tackle the growing Laundry Blob Monster on my couch, or perhaps scrub out the dried yogurt off my floor (that been there I'm-not-admitting-number-of-days) Perhaps..Yes...But no. Instead I have...Pink Shorts!

And I Love Them! This season I have had Pink on the brain (the color not the singer ;) and thanks to Good Ol' Christmas Elves giving me a nice Ol' J.Crew Gift card I think I have finally found my perfect Short.

I am not even going to discuss Shorty-Shorts. Not Gonna Happen. Ever. And I've tried the Long Shorts (I have a couple 7" in my drawers) I wear them, but I don't love them. I don't feel they look good on me. Or maybe it's just me. No, it's the shorts. It's gotta be the shorts ;)

But, I think I have found my length, The 5"! I feel (age?!) Appropriate but still Stylish in these. And the color just makes me giddy!


Yes, the picture is dark..but my legs look "more tan" ha!
 Otherwise you get..this..(You may need sunglasses due to the jarring glare)
"Hi, my legs haven't seen Sun in, oh, 5 Months...annnd I'm falling over"

 And for Those Just Interested in the Accessories ;)
Blurry Picture, you say? Well lets just see if I can't fix that...
Better?...No? Hmmm, shouldn't there be an App for that?
(and better yet, shouldn't I actually have the technology FOR those apps?)


I do love the Pink Shorts..but, it's the Pink Blur that is my Daughter
that gets the real smiles :)

And that Little Jumping Red Bean too ;)
And there you have it, folks! I liked the idea of pairing the longer tunic with the Shorter (but not Shorty) Shorts. (I tried the tunic with Capris and all it managed to do was make me look like I was wearing clothes that had shrunk in the dryer)

And For Curious Minds Who May Want to Know:
Tunic: Coldwater Creek (via Goodwill $2 plus cost of alterations)
Shorts: J. Crew Factory
Wedges: Aerosoles (Old, Marshalls)
Bangles: Forever 21

Now I'm going to ignore the Disaster that is My House and hope the Cleaning Fairies (or Cinderella's mice) come while I sleep. (Stranger things have happened??)

Until next time, Lots of Love!

Thanks to Pleated Poppy and Transatlantic Blonde for letting me link up!

2 comments:

  1. Love that quote and love your little photobombers!

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just SO fitting in my life I've found ha! Glad I'm not the only one ;)

      Delete